Sunday, October 28, 2007

25 on the 26th

We had a record number, 25!, players this week. We had a lot of newbies and they all played like they have been playing longer than they actually had. The newbies included: Angela, Amil, Corley, Josue, Lyndsey, Ryan, Shawn, and Tolitz.

We had two bounties up for grab this week:
  1. $10 Lowe's Gift Card for knocking out Jeff

  2. $10 cash for a random head (Stuart this week)

We started nearly on time and almost all bonuses were paid out. Thanks for being on time.


We had 3 tables set at 8, 8, and 7. We lost Amil before the break (has happened before). After about 2 hours we had lost enough to combine to 2 tables of 10.


With 25 people, I was the points bubble in 14th. I managed to double-up after the rebuy period when my 92o flopped trips against Alper's 77. I managed to get it all-in and Alper called me. Lucky for me.


Alper struck back when I had about 16K in chips and made an early position push with K6o. My logic was with the blinds at 3 and 6K, I wouldn't see a hand better before I had my stack reduced in half. Alper made a good A9s call after a long deliberation. I was out in 14th.


I thought about my play and why I had to rebuy 4 times!!! One shy of Rico's record. I slow played a set into a flush early and that was really silly. I was really off my game with all the commotion of hosting 25. I also never saw a pair higher than 77. I did get AK twice. No excuses, but I should have been more patient , especially after i realized I was off my game and unsettled. A lesson.


Enough about me...


Shortly after I was out, my Vegas roommate got eliminated and Rico scooped the $10 cash bounty.


We made it to final table and the FTP's included:



  1. Rico

  2. Stacey

  3. Jeff

  4. Joe

  5. Kitty

  6. Armando

  7. Shawn

  8. Godfrey

  9. Kevin

  10. Alper

Shawn managed to bubble (not bad for his first time). Godfrey, Kevin, and Armando also fell short of the money.


Stacey got 6th and Alper 5th. Rico came through in 4th.


Play continued for a while between Kitty, Joe, and Jeff. Kitty moved all-in with JTo (uncharacteristically loose for her, IMHO) and Joe called with Ax. Joe won out and had a 3:1 chip advantage and was now heads-up with Jeff.


They only played a couple of hands until Jeff made a move with 86d. Joe looked him up and won the tourney and the $10 Gift Card Bounty! Wow - nice payouts for both 1st and 2nd.


Congrats to all the money winners and thanks to everyone that made it out. Special thanks to everyone that brought some snacks to share.


Check out the standings here.


Stacey and I decided to fix the cap at 20 players. The room was just a little too crowded. I will make an exception for the Championship Tourney.


I have sent an evite for a game on November 2nd. I will also be hosting on the 9th.


I will post the next few tourneys planned beyond these dates in a couple days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home