Sunday, November 18, 2007

Run, Joe, Run

Joe is simply on a rampage. He has won 3 out of the last 4 tourneys he's been in. The one he didn't win, he got 2nd.

I thought of the title of this post and remembered this show. I googled it and found some funny stuff.

How cheesy were the shows we used to watch in the 70's.

The show is a cross between Lassie and the Fugitive. Joe always helps people in each episode.

I watched this show as a kid. If you watched this show, leave a comment. If you are not sure, check out this link.




I came across the last episode's theme when I was googling this and man it's not cool. Here is the recap:


Joe is picked up by a dog catcher and the man who takes Joe home intends on
using Joe's help to commit robberies.


That sucks for Joe (the dog) - he ends up a criminal. I guess kids were much tougher in the 70's. Today, if a kid saw this, they would need counseling and therapy. LOL

Back to Poker.

We lost Shawn before the break. Jeff was next and we were at the final table. I was happy with my, coming off a Vegas trip I felt comfortable and made a lot of moves. I was final table chip leader.

I got "NO LOVE" with AK in 3 hands and was down to 18K. I made a move (a bad one) when Michael raised 3x UTG and I pushed for another 9K. I had AQ, he had AK! Naturally the hand held up for him and I was out! Kitty was the bubble and Paul (Pavel) took third, his first cash at our house. Ian took down second. Congrats to all.

Thanks to those that brought food. We had a good time.

I really don't remember much else. I did capture the results and posted them here.

5 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez I didn't know they had color TV back when you were a kid.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger RoccoBoxer said...

LOL - BUT NO REMOTE CONTROL

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jim, that was pretty creative. If I continue to "run", some may consider that "criminal"... Thx. lol

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger RoccoBoxer said...

Was that you Joe?

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep... Anonymous was me (Joe).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home