Monday, January 29, 2007

Family Feud



We had 13 players for the 2nd Tourney of 2007. I used the Tournament Director 2 for the first time and had fun adding wav files. I warned everyone that some had bad words and some may not be what you want to hear when getting knocked out, but it's all in good fun - after all it is my joint.

I included links at various points in this post.

We started off the tourney with this one (caution some bad words).

The players were as follows:

1) Henry
2) Jim
3) Carol
4) Stacey
5) Cristine
6) Justin
7) Stuart
8) Jerry
9) Cindy
10) Todd
11) Rico
12) Godfrey
13) Armando

Play was fairly tight and we only had 3 rebuys, all from the same table. The un-lucky 3 were Justin, Jerry, and me. Not a good night for the J-names.

On the last hand before the break, I counted out 2900 chips to bring me down to 5K. I wanted to rebuy. I looked down and found KK and promptly misplayed them. Since I predetermined I would bet the 2900, that's what I did. Being the astute young lad that he is, Justin called figuring I was just chucking chips in for the rebuy.

Justin had A4 soooooted - otherwise known as "the Brad". The flop brought an Ace and Justin put me all in. I again misplayed by calling. Very dumb play.

Instead, the pre-flop move should have been to go all in or after the flop - fold. Why?

Basically there were three scenarios:

1) All in, Justin folds, pick up the blinds for an additional 1200. Result = 7,900 + 1,200 =9,100. Saving $10 and pretty much being close to the rebuy anyway.

2) Go in with the 2,900 like I did, but fold when the Ace is flopped, then rebuy = 7,900 -2,900 + 10,000 = 15,000.

3) Do what I did - lose all the chips, spend $10 and get 10,000.

Of course, I picked the worst play (number 3). Clearly, number 2 is the best choice given the Ace on the flop. Apparently, I didn't listen to the sound I played at the beginning of the 2nd, 20 minute round.

After the first break, everyone rebought and play continued. We were paying four spots.

Armando was the first one knocked out in 13th. His set of 6's were no match for Stuart's set of 7's. Tough one Mook. After he was out, I got moved to his seat. Armando being the first out is a real rarity. I programmed a special sound for him on the Tournament Director 2.

I was not at the table yet, but apparently earlier Godfrey had some tough hands against Cindy and Stacey and lost chips. He made a few successful attempts to gain his stack back with some all in moves, but was the next one out in 12th by Rico.

Rico moved all in with KK and i called with AK. The river brought me an A and Rico graciously bowed out in 11th. Todd fell in 10th and we were at the final table with 9. I played a sound clip from this guy

turn your volume down (bad words)

Chip counts were as follows:

PlayerCount
Stacey71K
Justin68K
Stuart53K
Jim52.5K
Carol51K
Cristine32K
Henry28K
Jerry21K
Cindy10.5K


Next a big multi-way pot came up and Henry took out both Jerry and Cindy. Their wee chip stacks fell to Henry and they were out in 8th and 9th. Cristine was also involved in the pot, but she and Henry checked it down so she didn't suffer much damage.

Stuart's nemesis, Carol, knocked him out in 7th. Stuart had AQ and Carol AK. AK held up and Carol chipped up huge.

Justin was the next victim in double-bubble position when my slow played set of 10's held out to his all-in move on the flush draw. Justin fell in 6th.

At this point Henry suggested a safe for $15. I declined, so it didn't happen. So he made a promise to Cristine. He said if she bubbled and he won - he would give her $15.

I was also lucky enough to knock out Cristine and we had the bubble girl out in 5th. She was a good sport when the sound for the bubble played through the room. she graciously laughed when this was played for the bubble girl.

Half of the proposition had come through - now Henry would need to win for Cristine to collect $15.

It was a family fued at this point. Henry, Carol, Stacey, and me.

Carol drew first blood- she knocked out Stacey in 4th.

I avenged Stacey, when my AK out lasted Carol's 66 without catching an ace or a king. This is a sick beat. The board flopped JJ8 and the turn was a 7 and the river another 8. Her 66 was orphaned and Carol was out in 3rd.

Henry and I had a duel that lasted a ridiculous 54 minutes. At some pont we chopped $90 each and played for a remaining $23. Initially, I had about a 4:1 advantage in chips. Henry reversed the advantage, I reversed it back, and then he reversed it again leaving me 1 5K chip. I was forced all in and it was over. Henry won again and has been on a real tear.

He happily paid Cristine the $15, which was cool.

Congratulations to Henry.

Thanks to everyone that brought food. It was nice to have both Cindy and Jerry. It had been a while since their last showing. Welcome back.

Here are the current standings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home