Monday, July 16, 2007

The Perfect Weekend

Things that were awesome this weekend. The follwoing are not in order of importance, they are all very, very awesome...

1. My daughter drove our car for the first time twice today - She is 14 and going to driving school this summer. I had her take the wheel in a deserted area and she did great. She cornered pretty good while coasting, and evenput her foot on the gas. She signaled when she turned and even parked in a spot. Pretty good for her first time out! My little girl is growing up.

2. Today is National Ice Cream Day - We (the family) went to get Carvel at the Schlotskys at 620 and 183.

3. My daughter is playing beginner softball at the church. I bought her a glove and she and I had a catch under the street light at 10:30PM tonight. It was the first time she ever wore a mit. This leads me to the next item...

4. A friend of mine whom has recently become a regular poker player has been saying he has something for me and kept forgetting to bring it. I didn't know what it could be? I was floored, shocked, and absolutely amazed when he reached into a bag and sprung it on me. He gave me this...


A baseball signed by... MICKEY MANTLE. I am in awe. I just can't get over what a nice gesture this was. Thanks a million, Jeff!!!

5. I managed to bubble in our 19 person tourney. That sucked, but I played solid and patiently. I am looking forward to going deep in Vegas Tourney's - and mayb even the Big-O. I have now secured the point list. I will post a full report in a day or so.

6. Our friends Henry and Carol are booked for Vegas, bringing our total to 10 confirmed and 2-4 maybe's. Rocky and Melissa are maybe's and so are my Dad and Bro.

7. went to the Dr. for what I thought might be the early onsight of bronchitis. I got a steroid shot and a Z-pack. The steriod shot is an anti-inflamitory, and I feel great. I think that is a sign I have some creaks and growns at my age that I have been "dealing with". Also, my BP was 124/78. Pretty good for a fat bastard.

8. I think my neice is coming out for a week in August (no conflict with Vegas). This is great for al of us, especially my daughter (they are 6 months apart). We will be going to Schlitterbaum for sure that week.

Hope your weekend was as good as mine!!! If not, this will surely cheer you up. Please watch to the end and then reread number 1 above.

Trunk Monkey Compilation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home