Thursday, June 08, 2006

Tough Night - 2 Questions for Bloggers

The Mookie - basically three hands played and lost... then bye bye...

AQ soooooted - UTG+1 - Rasied 3x BB - all fold to Smokee OTB - he goes all in - I fold

a few hands later... I am BB 5s6h Smokee limps on the button... flop = 2s, 3s, 4s - Smokee checks, I bet 40, next card blank, he bets 80, I call, next card blank, he bets 250, I call.. he turns over KQs - nice play... he flops flush and plays it well - I was schooled.

a few more hands later...

I get JJ two before the button... I go all in, against AA - SEE YA... not a good showing

I hope my game/luck is in better shape next week.

Carrying forward with Mookie's questions about drinking while playing... I would like to ask 2 questions:

1) Do you listen to any type of music with headphones while playing? Why/Why not?

2) Do you where sunglasses while playing live games (you need help if you where them online)? Why/Why not?

I am planning on mixing this up in Vegas, just curious what all you bloggers do.

3 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't usually listen to music at the table. I like to hear what other people say plus you can strike up conversations with table mates and get them to fold to you or take it easy on you.

No sunglasses for me, misread a hand long ago when I tried to wear them. Plus I don't want to be "that guy" sunglasses and and Ipod playing 2/4 limit at the Plaza with 80 yr. olds. :)

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question #1.
No. I don't wear head phones and listen to music while I play poker. I play poker for the social aspect and I enjoy the table talk. Also, if I did wear them, I would not be able to razz the people that do. Can you hear me Rocco?

Question #2.
No Again. I am not good enough to wear sunglasses at the poker table! :)

The Frog

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger katitude said...

I listen to music when playing online, it stops me from getting too distracted and checking my email a dozen times. In live play, I like to join the conversation at the table; hard to flirt and/or trash talk when you're not really part of the table. *grin.

I've only worn sunglasses once at a live table, but not because I didn't want anyone to see my eyes - there was a bright light beaming right at me, and was starting to trigger a migraine. Otherwise, no. I leave the sunglasses to the 20 somethings who are trying to be the big boys of the 2/5 table (insert scoffing laughter here).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home