Saturday, February 03, 2007

Kings go Crack at the Mookie

We played at the Mookie last night and it was a night of cracked Kings. Stacey and I both had our Kings cracked in a big way. On seperate tables, Stacey had her's cracked by Clara playing the (the Kittie, aka ). Stacey's beat cost her some chips, mine cost me my life.

I was playing +/- 2K from average. I was staying even by making a move every round or so. I wanted to play some big pots as people's M's went down.

I had KK one from the Button. I raised 3x = $3000 and Scott called in the SB. The flop came 78J rainbow. Scott checked, I bet $6000 and he went all in. I put him on a pair to start with and was somewhat concerned he may have JJ. I was pot committed with only about $13K left in chips and an M of about 6. I hoped he had TT or QQ. He had TT. Great! He's down to 6 outs.

Then, the 9 on the turn and I was OUT, NUTTED, BUSTED, DRAWING DEAD! That's poker bad luck! It happens...

I had a good time and it was nice to be at the Mookie. I was 2nd out (doesn't happen too often), but Stacey made it to the final table. See the tournament results here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home