Saturday, June 10, 2006

PreVegas Live Game

We hosted a NL hold-em tournament at our house. We had 16 players sign up and we started a little late. The list of players were as follows (no bloggers): Betty, Brad, Cristine, Diane, Godfrey, Hoa, Ian, Jim, Joe, Julian, Kevin, Kitty, Michael, Rico, Stacey (aka JerseyGirl and my lovely wife!!!), and Todd.

Stacks to start were 15,000, with rebuys for the first hour (for stacks <= 5,000) and either a 5,000 or 10,000 add-on after the first hour.


We gave prizes again to make it interesting...
You got a prize if you:


  • loose a showdown with AA, KK, QQ, or AK (suited)
  • are the first one knocked out after the rebuy rounds are complete
  • bubble
  • rebuy the most
  • get to a showdown and you hold quads or higher
  • win a hand by bluffing and show the hammer (72)

There were five rebuys and the tables played very tight. I started off at seat 2 of a table with with (in order) Michael (Button), Betty, Kitty, Cristine, Julian, Rico, and Brad.

Our table started off with action right away. I won the 2nd hand and a few hands later I hit quad 6's and pulled down a nice pot (and a prize). I was up about T8,500 before the first orbit.

A few hands later I had ATo one from the dealer, blinds were at 100/200 - first round - Brad Raised to T400. I called and the flop came AQ5 rainbow. I had flopped the ace, with a very mediocre kicker. Brad checked and I bet T1200. Brad raised to T3600. I didn't put him on AK or AJ. Being that he raised such a small amount I put him on middle Ace, so I called. Turn = 4. I check, Brad checks. River = 8, diamond flush possibility. I check to see where we are, Brad aggressively goes all in. Hmmm. What does he have? I still have to consider middle Ace, but now maybe with 2 diamonds? Is he bluffing - it is very possible due to my two checks - maybe he smelled my weakness... I can rebuy, I can rebuy, I can rebuy, I call. I said, "Flush"? he said, "Straight!" Holy shit - he played 2c3c - ouch! I had T8000 left so I couldn't rebuy.

I misplayed another hand with QQ - flopped Q87, turned a 3, and rivered an 8. Cristine bet T3k and I called thinking the river was a 6 and not an 8. I thought my trips would hold a - she had the nut flush. I was standing up to rebuy because I didn't see that I had hit a boat until someone yelled out "BOAT!". I felt really stupid and bad for Cristine becasue she didn't initially see it either.

I have will set up an eye appointment after my minor surgery in July.:)

Michael had a very good run. He hit quad Kings and a prize for a very large pot.

Brad's stack was like a roller coaster - he re-bought twice and chipped up nice toward the final table.

Rico didn't enter a lot of pots. He ran up against Michael's AK with AJ. This hand crippled Rico.

Another killer hand between Brad and I. I had AA on the button. Two callers before Brad raised twice the BB. - Now, I didn't want the two callers to fold so I called. The other callers followed. Flop Q86. Not too threatening. Caller 1 checks, caller 2 checks, Brad goes all-in. Hmmm. I put him on trip 8's, I fold, others fold. I show my AA, he shows A6. whew!

Before the final table they dropped in this order.

Godfrey - 1st out after rebuys - Prize
Ian
Julian
Rico
Stacey - JerseyGirl
Diane

We were at the final table at 11:30PM.

At the final table were (forgot to get chip totals):

PlayerCount
Todd?
Kitty?
Joe?
Betty?
Brad?
Me?
Michael?
Cristine?
Hoa?
Joe?


Kevin was the first to fall. Todd was crippled when his TT call to my KK all-in didn't pan out for him. I believe Michael finished him off. Kitty was next followed by Brad.

Betty was next to go. She tried to go out, but doubled up twice before doing so. Betty was first time player with a lot of game. She made it a long way - congrats!

I was definately short stack and we were at bubble time. Michael would tangle with Joe (both had large stacks) and Michael was knocked out. I backed into the money.

I received fourth place money when my 79 bluff was called and I had the crap beat out of me with Cristine's AK.

Crisitne took third. Fine playing by one member of the Goal Post Dynamic Diva Duo.

Joe and Hoa battled for quite a while - the chip lead was passed back and fourth numerous times. In the end Joe won it. Congratulations to all the money winners, especially Joe, Hoa and Cristine for their solid play.

The cash flowed as follows:


Place$$$
1st$144
Hoa$96
Cristine$48
Jim$32


The prizes went down as follows....

PrizesWho won...
Big Hand LosersBrad-QQ, Brad-AA
Hammer BluffersGodfrey, Kevin, Hoa, and Betty
Most RebuysBrad 2
1st OutGodfrey
BubbleMichael
Win with Quads or HigherJim 66 - Michael KK


Thanks to everyone that made it out to the tourney. Thanks to those that brought food or treats to share. Thanks to Godfrey for helping me with the chips and $$$.

We had a great time and look forward to the next one.

1 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rocco,
Thanks for hosting the tournament.
I had a good time, except for the fact that I receieved crappy cards all night and your over friendly dog was constantly licking me.
I hate dog spit! :) It helps a little in this game to get decent cards. I am due to host a tournament soon. I will let you know!

Later...ribbit.
The Frog

The Frog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home