Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Two in One Night...

July 22nd

The Games began with Stacey back in town.

The list of players were as follows Armando, Cristine, Joe, Kitty, Rico, Toby, Todd, Stacey, and me. Stacks to start were 15,000, with rebuys for the first hour (for stacks <= 5,000) and either a 5,000 or 10,000 add-on after the first hour. There were three rebuys and the tables played pretty tight.

Tourney 1

We played on one table with 9 players. There were only 2 rebuys and everyone added on for a po of $200. I don't remember too many details (old bastard) but I did see a full house get cracked by runner runner for quads. About 1000 to 1 shot to get slapped like that!

Here's the math (I think, comment if it's inaccurate, as I said I am old, so maybe I forgot this stuff):



Since each player had 4 cards and the board had 3 cards there was an opportunity to pluck the two cards needed from a remaining 45 cards. So there was a 2/45 chance to pluck one of the cards on the turn (4.44%). Now, once the first card is caught, the odds for catching the remaining card on the river are 1/44 (2.27%). Statistics says to multiply these together for the overall odds. We get 0.0444 * 0.0227 = 0.00100788. Converting to a percent, we get 0.10079%. Taking the inverse we get 992. So it was 992 to 1.

I think Joe took third, making it a heads-up match for Stacey and I. I got it all in with KTs, but it was no match for Stacey AQ. She took it down. Welcome HOME!

Tourney 2

Todd left and Justin (Toby's son) came by for a second freeze-out tourney. I had a big hand against Kitty - she slow-played a straight to the 9 and I slow played on with a straight to the 10. We got it all in and I was able to chip up nicely.

This won ended up with Toby, Armando, and I in for the money. Mook and I went heads up, luckily I had a big chip lead at the start and was able to pull out the win.

One of the best outcomes was that Armando's oldest and my daughter got to meet and hang out. They hit it off pretty well and are reportedly IM'ing each other. Mook's daughter is a pretty good player (something about an apple and a tree (trees in this case (Clara and Mookie)). Maybe her poker smarts will rub off on my daughter.

July 28th at the Big O

Stacey and I did well, you can read all about it on Mookies Blog. There are some cool pictures and a great story too. Stacey and I made it to third and second, respectively. We had a really fun time.

I didn't blog this until nearly a week later because we had flooring put in two rooms - one was the PC room and it was a crazy week.

We are hosting another game at our house on the 5th.

2 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job Friday night, both you and Stacey are on fire.

We will try to get a sitter for Saturday night.

We are having a game Monday night, Audie is in town and bringing a few players with him. Let me know if you guys can make it.

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good run last night, almost made that final table. Thanks for playing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home