Saturday, June 17, 2006

Vegas Day 1


We arrived without any major (or minor) issues. We checked in at the Luxor and our rooms were OK - the Rio has the best rooms so far. We went down and played various table games and the $50 cash game. We met up with Stacey's brother Vinny, my Brother-in-law, Dan, her Aunt and Uncle, and her parents. Dan sprung for lunch at the Rio buffet - thanks Dan!

We had comps at the Rio and checked in for Stacey's Aunt and Uncle - they used our comps. Stacey signed up for a two item spa package - a facial and an apricot body scrup. She and her Mom would be set for the spa treatments on Monday morning.

Vinny and Dan had to go, but the others stayed until Tuesday.

I was stuck a couple hundred in the craps game right off the bat. When I bet with the shooter, I lost. When I bet with the house, the shooter got hot. That's craps.

We met up with the gang - Henry, Scott, Mookie, and MM. We headed over to the Sahara to play their tournament. The tournament had a $42 buyin for 2,000 chips. You can also do a single rebuy or addon of $20 for 1,500 chips. If you bust out before the break, you could buy back in as a new player.

We met Carmen and MiamiDon - and that was cool. We all bought in and made a $10 side bet for who would last the longest. I had Mookie and Don on my table. I got crushed when my pocket 8's tripped up on the flop and ran into bigger trips - rebuy. Now I find myself in a three way all in with QQ agains JJ and KK. QQ and KK get killed by JJ when JJ turns a J. I am out before the first break (1st one out from our group). I rebuy into the tourney again and get moved to Carmen's table. However, the blinds are elevated and it's tougher now to see a flop. Not very good results there and I am out again.

We goofed around there and Stacey and I called it a day. Finished down a little on the day, $124 in no return tournaments didn't help. Ready for day two... the best is yet to come on day 4... stay tuned for a three chapter recount of the craziest poker ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home