Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Day 4 - Chapter 3 of An Angry Man, a Drunk, a Blonde, and a Cheater…

Day 4 - Chapter 3 of An Angry Man, a Drunk, a Blonde, and a Cheater… Enter the Blonde

Play was pretty much the same as the other table. Chad was all over the place and took down some big pots from the unsuspecting. I was dealt 7d9d – I like to play that and after hearing Negreanu talk about how it can really pay off because no one can put you on it. I called a $10 raise from the KWTH and three others. I was in middle position, KWTH on button. The flop came 7c, 5d, 3d. I had a flush draw with top pair…a weak pair, but the best at the moment. Check around to the kid, he goes $25, fold fold – I call. I am heads-up, pot is about $90. Next card is a 8h, I check, the kid bets $50. I figured he might have caught the 8, but now I have the flush and a gut shot straight draw with 2nd pair. I have 2 outs for the 3rd 7, 3 outs for the 9, 4 outs for the 6, and 8 outs for the flush (take one away for the 6d), that’s 17 outs. I call because I was getting pot odds, plus if I hit I put him all-in and I think I take him down. The next card is the Kc… I check, he bets $30. I figured him for the flush draw now. With these kinds of odds I have to call. He shows A4d WOW!... I take down a huge pot. Lucky I didn't hit my flush...

Meanwhile… AG returns and hands Chad a note: It says, “Come outside, I want to beat your ass.” This scares Chad and really gets the Suit going. Now the Luxor calls security and the AG and 2 friends high tail it.

A while later I get KK on the button. Chad, the cheater, and the KWTH all go all in after the flop of 4,6, 9 rainbow. I call. Chad has 78 off, KWTH JJ, cheater has TT. My KK holds and I rake in a huge $270 pot. Chad is the only one to reload and I take another $50 or so off him.

Things continue on and the EU guy goes to take a break – we are down to three, me, Chad, and the Suit. The Blonde is now railing the Suit and Chad. She is hammered and quite friendly. Seems like they are new found friends. She hangs around even though Chad is making some very crude remarks and asking her to marry him about every 5th hand. EU guy is gone for a while and then I couldn’t believe what happened – The Suit leaves and asks the Blonde to play his $120 stack. She played one hand: I didn’t get cards so I folded - she called Chad down to the river with a bottom pair 2’s and dumped about $60 fo the Suit's money.

She says, I suck at this and stops playing (darn) and I play Chad heads-up for 2 hands. I get JJ and flop a J to take Chad all-in for $120. He shows A4 with an Ace on the flop. My set holds. He rebuys.

The Suit returned with astonishment on his face. A few people joined the table and we were back to 6.

My stack is now over $700. Not bad form $100 buy-in.

I get a sick beat to the EU guy when MY SET IS BEAT BY RUNNER-RUNNER FOR A LARGER FULL HOUSE AGAINST A SMALLER FULL HOUSE for about $150 and I figure I better leave while I am still heavily profitable and take off and cash out for about $575. (He didn’t go all-in, if he did I would have lost another $200)

I love needing a rack to get to the counter – it’s a poker rush!

This night was definately the highlight of my Vegas trip. I went to bed at at about 5:30AM!

3 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

Wow, only in Vegas for all this in one night! Nice job grabbing the donkey's money.

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't the angry guy's friend come back later and buyin and sit at the same table as Chad ?

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Racks are nice. For chips that is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home