Monday, August 14, 2006

Bad Karma and Mookie Pulls a Swearengen on me

This week I didn't play much Poker. Stacey and I did make it out to Mookie's game. Mookie keeps nice statistics for the Big O and is currently the points and Money Leader. I am second. I was First for a while. So... as a typical wise ass I threw down the following in an email to Mookie.



From: Jim W
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 2:27 PM
To: Armando O
Subject: Re: Big O Poker Room Tournament Schedule / Links / Results / Leaders

Stacey and I are in.

I am hunting the points and money leader like a dog. I am lurking. Be afraid.

Jim




And the Poker Gods rained on me... and kicked my Junk worse than Deadwood's Swearengen kicked Hearst's messenger. By the way, I counted 6 kicks to the junk while he lay writhing, gasping and begging on the floor.

From the link that follows, click on watch the video. Be patient for a minute and see the worst junk kicking ever. Here is the link.

That's half of what the Mookie did to me.

The first one was a boat over boat. I rebought. The second one, the second hand was when I min-raised with KsKd and he called with QJo. We got all in on a Jack high flop of all hearts. He had the Queen of Hearts (Mrs. Mookie) and the river was the King of hearts. I rebought. I can't remember the third. (I don't think the guy getting kicked remembers all the kicks, adrenalin takes the pain away and you forget. Kinda like why women are willing to have multiple kids and stuff like that.)

The final blow didn't come from the Mookie though. It came from a Bloke named Copie.

I limped on the button with AKo. Very Very Very STUPID.

Copie flopped two pair with A8, we raised, and reraised till I was all in, and I was ALL OUT.

I will say one thing about this stupid play. We almost cancelled the hand after it was started because we were at the final table. We decided to play it and I think that was a factor as to why I would have just called on the button. I'm embarrased to even write this. Another factor might be... a few shots of Crown. And after the junk kicking, a few more.

Anyhow - we played a fun cash game with 5 and 10 cent blinds, no limit. It was a blast and I was yucking it up with Rico and Armando quite a bit. It was loose and fun, pretty cool.

This week Rocco graduates from his 2nd Agility class so I thought I would put a picture of him here.

Hopefully some video coming. Kiss my ass Rocky.… :)

3 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, love the video...c'mon man I may have kicked you, but I didn't stomp on you like Swearengen.

The other hand was when you min-raised with KsKd and I called with QJo. We got all in on a Jack high flop of all hearts. I had the Queen of hearts and the river was the King of hearts.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger RoccoBoxer said...

Now you have stomped me. :-)

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger RoccoBoxer said...

Updated - thanks Mook.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home