Thursday, August 03, 2006

Gotta Love No-Limit Cash Games

Wendesday - 8/2 - I was waiting to take Rocco to the 8PM Agility Class at Triple Crown. Rocco has graduated from Basic Agility Class to Agility II - Sequencing. Next is Courses. After that, who knows?!?

I had signed-up for the Mookie and decided to play some $0.10/0.25, $25 Max No-Limit with 6 player max on PokerStars. I played for about a 1/2 hour total.

I chipped up to about $71 holding AJs rivering a nut flush with 2 players going all in (each with less than $25). I decided to play until I had the button. I am glad I did!

Enter THE DREAM hand... I get AA in late postion - one from the button. I am chip leader at the table, others have between $23 - $35 each. UTG raises to $3.50, UTG+1 calls, I Raise to $7.75, Button Raises to $10. SB folds, BB calls, UTG and UTG + 1 call, I call (after a nice pause).

Flop comes 2, 7, 9 rainbow. BB $5, UTG Raises to $10, UTG+1 calls, I go all in, Button calls, all others call. Me vs. 4 callers. All All-in. I begin to freak out!!! AA's gotta crack against the pressure of 4 callers. (reminds me of Quint in Jaws - "He can't stay down with three barrels, not three.")



Turn 2

River J

Here's what they had: BB = KK, UTG + AK, UTG+1 = QQ, Button = QJ - I took down a $150+ pot!

What's interesting in this hand is everyone's hand took outs from everyone elses hand. I have no idea what the button was thinking with QJ?

Later I made it to 11th in the Mookie. I played fairly solid, but I never got over T3,500 chips. Next week I hope to do better.

Saturday we have poker at our house... can't wait.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger surflexus said...

That's great...."can't stay down with 3 barrels"....lol...that's funny Rocco!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home