Thursday, February 15, 2007

Tourney 3 Recap

Sorry this post is late, and as a consequence, short.

We had another fine turn out for the third tourney of the year. I got off to a bad start running the tourney as I wasn't as ready as usual when we started. I was a bit frazzled as we started, but it worked out. I hadn't had that happen before... oh well.

The players were as follows:

1) Michael Allan
2) Joe
3) Jim
4) Stacey
5) Kitty
6) Justin
7) Clara - Mookie was Missing
8) Betty
9) Rico
10) Todd
11) Nick
12) Cristine
13) Stuart
14) Henry
15) Kevin
16) Carol
17) Scott

We got started off and the tables were loose. There were 13 rebuys. I got lucky and somehow managed to chip up to about 65K without rebuying. Part of my luck came from cracking Kitty's AA. I had 9T and got in cheap, the flop gave me top pair and I bet, Kitty raised and I called. We went back and forth as the turn wasn't an overcard and I ended up going all in after the river gave me TTT. Kitty rebought.

At the break, we had 14 add-ons which made for a nice pot.

After the break, Scott was the first victim and was eliminated by Michael Allen. Carol was next, followed by Kevin. At this point, I got moved to the other table between Todd and Henry. I had lots of chips and so did Todd. We went back and forth and he took a nice pot off me with a flopped set to my two pair.

I called Henry's AJ all-in with AQ. He was out. Next Stacey eliminated Stuart, Joe eliminated Cristine, and Stacey struck again and eliminated Nick.

We were at final table.

Chip counts were as follows:


PlayerCount
Joe143K
Stacey129K
Michael78K
Jim61K
Clara35K
Betty43K
Todd22K
Kitty21K
Justin19K
Rico18K


Joe was 1st in chips and Stacey was a close 2nd. Average stack was 57.6 chips.

Todd was the first one out ast the final table, knocked out by me. Rico got knocked out by Michael Allen and Betty by Joe. I knocked out Clara and Justin and had some real chips now +220K.

Kitty was the bubble when she was knocked out by Stacey. Then I knocked out Stacey.

She still gave me a nice Valentine's Present.



We were down to the final three. I had the chip lead. I lost a big chunk to Michael when my AKo didn't improve against his TT. I lost the rest of my chips with top pair, improving into top two pair, but this wasn't enough to overcome Michael's rivered straight.

Michael and Joe were heads-up. Michael took it down and was the big winner.

See the latest standings here. Check out the new Donkey Point Leader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home