Thursday, February 08, 2007

Hammer Day Cash Game

2/7/2007 is hammer day. I learned a lot about the celebrated hand from part of the post on Pauly's website.

I played a 0.25 and 0.50 cash game with Joe, Kitty, Rico, and Dave L. (sp?). I tried to use some things I learned from this book (I know I am behind in my reading). It worked out well. We were playing five handed so hands vs. pot odds needed to be adjusted a little. I was able to take an occasional pot away by betting the right amount to take away their pot odds when I put people on draws.

I was getting cards and that certainly helped, but I was able to make pretty good reads and avoid trouble.

The last hand of the night, I had 79o. I limped into a pot with 2 callers. The flop came A68 rainbow. I bet $2 and everyone folded except Joe, he called, on the button. The turn came as a 10, giving me the nut straight. I checked, he checked. The river brought a 3. I had the nuts, no pairs on board, only two of any suit. Assuming he had a pair at best, I bet $1.50, he raisied to $3, I re-raised to $6, he re-raised to 11, and I went all-in.

He showed AA for a set, brutal. He slow played the flop and I caught the turn for the nuts. I listened to Daniel Negreanu describe how to play this hand on a poker show. This is the 2nd big pot (relatively speaking) I have won with it, because nobody can put you on it. Sweet.

Playing again this Saturday night at our house, should be a blast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home