Monday, September 04, 2006

Henry the 8th

Labor Day Weekend Friday Night Poker

I am still in a wicked slump. This kid is my spokesperson.

We had 11 and broke it up into tables of 6 and 5. Mookie was a little early so he was kick’in it on our new recliner. See, when you host as much as I do, and suck as bad as I do, you need to have a posh losers lounge.

In the game were Mookie, Clara, Henry, Scott, Joe, Kitty, Brad, JoAnn, Todd, Stacey and I. Play was fast and furious with 11 re-buys before the break.

In one hand I hit runner, runner on Clara’s flopped straight when I had AKo. Pretty disgusting, but it felt different to give a bad beat rather than receive one.

In one hand I got it all-in with Scott he showed TT and I had QQ. Once we flipped up, I said,” Sorry, Scott”. And the poker Gods did smite me. Scott flopped a 10, and for good measure rivered another one.

After the break we had 9 add-ons.

Since we only had 11, once we lost someone, we were at the final table. That unlucky someone was Joe (11th). He was first out when his 55 were orphaned and Brad’s A2 out-kicked him on a KKQQ8 board.

First to leave the final table was Scott (10th) – his K4 was no match for someone’s QT. The QT straightened out.

Scott took the chair and I hooked him up with some sports, then a little while later I joined him.

Now for the feature hand....





In a three way all in hand I had , Henry had . Henry had me out-chipped. The flop was , turn , river . I had the K-high flush. Henry went all in, Brad called, and I called.
Brad had the for the straight flush. I had the butt end of the bloody red mess, so I was out (9th).





Scott and I watched Kill Bill 1. No, we didn’t sit in the chair together!!!

Stacey (8th) was out next when her slick fell to Henry’s JJ. Stacey caught a K on the flop, but Henry caught a third Jack. Henry killed both Lexi’s parents – I hope you feel good Henry. LOL :)

Henry assassinated another – JoAnn (7th) out when her 65o was crushed by Henry’s A5.

Brad was a few Dos XX’s short of moneying for a third straight time. He was short stack and exited in 6th with 34 to 74 the 74 caught the necessary 4 spades to send Brad (6th) packing.

P.S. – Brad called on his way home to tell us he left 2 Dos XX’s in the Freezer!! Thanks for calling Brad – it would have been a shame to waste that beer.

Todd (5th) was next – Technically the bubble– his TT fell to Mookies A3 which developed in the shipyard into a boat.

Only 4 left Clara, Mookie, Kitty, and Henry - Bubble time – we had 4 left. Someone screamed “SAFE” and the four players pulled out $30 each.

Clara (4th) was next out by Henry. Clara had A4h, Henry AhK – She needed a 4, got one on the river, but along the way picked up 4 hearts. The Queen of Hearts was beaten by her own suit. Henry was rolling.

Next out was Kitty (3rd) when her 76 was met with her signature hand -1 (Q4). Naturally the knockout blow was delivered by Henry – the killer. The cruel and usual punishment of delivering the underdog the card needed, but then crushing the hopes when the overdog needs and gets a Q arrives.

Armando (2nd) and Henry (1st) played heads-up for a little while until Mookie’s A4 met Henry’s AJ. When the flop was JQ7 followed by a Q, then a 4 – another victim for Henry.

Thanks to all that came out. We will have another, as usual after next Wednesday's Pokerstars Tourney and this weekend’s important Tanner Event.



and...




All are invited, just email me and I'll hook ya' up.

2 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Can that BCBS kid please be my spokesperson too?

I love it.

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the nice run last night and now you have a story you can tell your grandkids...

Thanks so much for pimpin' the tourney and for playing.

See you at the live on on Friday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home