Saturday, September 02, 2006

Poker Poker Poker - A bad beat - A slump?

Played a few times before the game this Friday night...

Thursday 8/24/06 ~ The Battle with Susan I

I played on Thursday at our semi-regular game. Stacey came up to our game and we had 7. Seems like Susan and I were banging heads back and forth. My 55 ran into her QQ and that was it for me.

Friday 8/25/06 ~ The Battle with Susan II

Friday at the Mookie - Ran into Susan again, this time with AK as we played the last hand before the final table. Hit an A on the flop, she pushed all in, and I called, I had her out chipped, but the 10 on the turn took the pot, as her AT held up. Later, I slow played A6 when I hit A64 on the flop and doubled up through her, she had A5o. A few hands later my short stack with QJo was no match for her Ax. For a more complete look at this tourney, see Mookie's page.

Wendesday 8/30/06

The Last Mookie on Stars - this one was painful. I haven't played this one for a while because of Rocco's Agility training. I had a week off from it so I decided to play. It was nice to yuck it up. I was playing pretty solid, I spent most of the night in the top 10. Then... a hand I won't forget for a long long time. Here we go...

mookie99: posts small blind 50
Xanthius: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RoccoBoxer [Ah As] :)
grupper: raises 100 to 200 with QQ
TripJax: raises 300 to 500 with KK
RoccoBoxer: raises 300 to 800
grupper: raises 1116 to 1916 and is all-in
TripJax: calls 950 and is all-in
RoccoBoxer: calls 1020 and is all-in] :) <---- Perfect situation for AA with 2 callers
*** FLOP *** [Ac 5h Kd]
Xanthius said, "yikes"
RoccoBoxer said, "uh oh" <---- Had a Baaaaaad Feeling
*** TURN *** [Ac 5h Kd] [2h]
*** RIVER *** [Ac 5h Kd 2h] [Kh] <-----
This kid says it all

RoccoBoxer: shows [Ah As] (a full house, Aces full of Kings) TripJax: shows [Ks Kc] (four of a kind, Kings)

Lost to the 1 outer. Ouch. Nice hand Trip, nice writeup too.

Thursday 8/31/06

Back at the regular Motive game and my slump has set in a little deeper. I bombed out of this one in 6th out of 9 (no fireworks with Susan this time). My better half chopped with Susan's husband Bern. Nice job Stacey!

Stay tuned for the next Friday Night Game at our house.

3 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

Dude that you tube video had me rollin'. Look forward to playing with you again soon...

but we'll try to avoid one outers against each other in the future, mmmkay?!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger RoccoBoxer said...

Thanks trip, pass the word on the u-tube - that kid is my poster child.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Fantastic information it is. blackjackidols Your information is so nice and interesting.This article has many valuable side.Thanks you very much for shearing this information.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home