Monday, April 02, 2007

Mookie's Home Game

Had a good run at the money and as always, a GOOD time at the Big O. The rebuys were feverish and the pot was huge. I managed not to have to rebuy. I had about average stack pretty much all night.

I was at the final table and had this situation:

I had about 75K in chips and was either shorty or shorty + 1. I had KTo on the SB with the button (biggest stack) limper and the BB checking. The flop was K75 of diamonds. I bet 25K, The BB folds and the button pushes all in, forcing me to go all-in or fold with TP, medium kicker.
The blinds were 5K and 10K. Michael was the button.

What do you do?

Please comment on the hand and let me know what you would do next, or what I should have done different.

Thanks.

I eventually got kicked in the junk in this situation:

I got knocked out with 99 when I pushed against 88 and QsTc. The flop missed the 88 and the QT, but brought two spades. The turn another spade, and the river... another spade. I dodged all the 8's, Q's and T's but not the spades. Runner, runner flush and I am out in 6th. Good thing we safed the $20.

It works out like this Preflop:

9c 9h 43.13%
8c 8d 17.86%
Qs Tc 38.72%

Post 2s 5s Jd FLOP:

9c 9h 61.68 %
8c 8d 7.97%
Qs Tc 30.34 %

Post 7s TURN

9c 9h 64.29 %
8c 8d 2.38%
Qs Tc 33.33%

I felt like this guy on the motrocycle.



In honor of April Fools day yesterday, you will enjoy this one:

4 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What were the blinds and who was on the button ?

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger RoccoBoxer said...

See the updated version.

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With the blinds that big, you could make a case of just jamming preflop since you have an M of 5 and Michael's limp on the button seems like his holdings are on the weak side and probably couldn't call.

After you bet 25K, a third of your stack, I think you probably have to go with the hand and call his all in. In situations like this, I try to ask myself before I make a bet, what will I do if X happens or X happens.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger RoccoBoxer said...

I agree jamming or check, jamming are the moves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home