Saturday, September 23, 2006

Finally....

I had a good week in poker. It didn't start off that way, but it ended well.

There is a saying in Texas, "If you don't like the weather, don't fret, it will change in 20 minutes."

On Sunday, after spending a lot of time on work stuff, I played in a 180 Person SNG on Stars. Well, when I started playing the weather was cloudy, but during the game a nasty storm cell moved through our area.

We were down to 34 players and I was 8th in chips with about 9K. The blinds were 300/600 with a 50 anty. I had QQ, raised 4x BB, two callers, the board was 7-9-4, I made a Pot sized bet and... blip - the power goes out. By the time I got back in the game, about 15 minutes later, I was down to 4200 chips and I busted out in 21st. 18th pays. Bummer.

Wednesday, I was 2nd out in the Mookie when I pushed on a A88 board with AJ, called by AQ and "buh bye"

Thursday I played in this one:



I took 3rd and moneyed, not bad against a pretty tough field of 15.

Friday night at the Big_O I took 1st with 7 bounties (including mine). I was lucky, lucky, lucky and knocked out some tough players: Rocky, Rico, Lee Anne, Carol, Clara, and Bubba.

I chipped up early when Justin ran into my set of 6's. I was lucky against Rocky with one over card to beat him. With Rico, I had AK against his AQ. I got a full-house over full-house with Bubba. With Clara my TT held against her lower pair (4's?). Can't remember what happened with Carol.

I was heads up with Lee Anne - we played a few hands and I caught a straight. Next hand I had AA and we got it all in. I was the winner.

I guess the saying still holds: "Every Donkey has it's Day."

1 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the recent success, including the money finish last night.

Looks like we will be able to make it tomorrow night. See you guys then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home