Saturday, September 16, 2006

A Positively Charged Ian

We were 10 handed Friday Night. Joe and Kitty called in sick, we will have to find out about their Vegas experience later. The players this week included: Kevin, Todd, Jersey Girl, Stuart (The Pool Shark), Mike (Xanthius), Henry, Carol, Rico, Ian, and Me. We had the normal rebuy and add-on format.

Henry and Carol brought Sable (their female black lab) over and she and Rocco (our male boxer)had more fun than all of us!

We made the break and had 5 rebuys and 9+1/2 10K add-ons.

We lost our first player a little into the break - Rico (10th) went all-in blind and Mike called with TT. Rico exposed a K9 and the J710 flop was no friend to Rico - his prayers for a lady didn't come through either and he was out. Rico has had a couple tough nights, and is a better player than his last two, equivalent finishes at the Big-O and here. It's all upward from here, Rico!

Stacey was severely short chipped with T100 over the BB and pushed with 92c, Mike was again in for the assassination with QK, but joined the angry mob with AJ. Henry flopped an Ace and Stacey (9th) was gone. Luckily she didn't sound like this ------> Hilarious Video Link

Stuart (8th) was out next - Carol took him out, but I don't have the hand details.

Mike (7th) was ousted with a hand he didn't show. Kevin's AK was good enough for Mike to muck and call it a night.

Todd (6th) was eliminated with QJ against AK, nobody paired the board and Todd was out.

I was short stack for a while and I was down to 6K. I went all in and tripled up with A6, Then I tripled up again with KK. I was sitting at about 32K when this hand came along...

Our featured hand:





I got , I called. The flop came . Henry bet, I pushed, he called with . I needed runner-runner K's or 9's.

Here's how the odds went down for this one:

Preflop = http://twodimes.net/h/?z=2080164 <---- Start Your Engines
Postflop = http://twodimes.net/h/?z=2080173 <---- Blow'd my engine



I was out in 5th.

Kevin was out in 4th as the bubble boy. (I have no info)

Carol pushed with T5h and Ian called with K6h, no pairs, straignt, or flush - Carol was out in 3rd.

Henry and Ian played for a looooooooooong time :). Ian pushed with 85s and caught 2 pair. Henry mucked and took 2nd.

Congratulations to Ian for winning and Henry and Carol for taking 2nd and 3rd.

Thanks to all those that contributed food and drinks. We'll host another in a couple weeks.

1 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing in the tourney last night. When you got knocked out, all I could imagine is you making the same groans and noises as the lady in the video.

See you at the tourney on Friday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home